12/23/09

Sharing the Christmas Spirit







Happy Holidays! I hope this blog post finds you and your family healthy, happy, and enjoying the 2009 holiday season!

My thoughts this week have been of Sharing The Christmas Spirit, and how much I look forward to seeing the creativity of friends and neighbors during this festive time of year. Did you decorate? I always do... inside and out, and this year even online!

I am a proud resident of Highland Park, Illinois. We are an active community of about 31,000 people, and in our town you'll find a diverse display of ethnic, religious and political tolerance. For sixteen years I have anticipated the annual holiday displays, as they are always so beautiful and grand. The town itself boasts a 4-block long strip of stores, with 4 cross streets of equally attractive small businesses. You'll find everything from eclectic boutiques, to warm cafes, 5-star restaurants, and pampering salons. Here is a photo from the east end of the main street... as you travel down each street, the trees are lit similarly.




The next photo shows the railroad crossing near the train station. As you can see, my daughter captured a couple arm-in-arm, strolling through town. This is a familiar sight! All year long Highland Park residents enjoy the ambiance and local amenities.







The holiday lighting isn't just about Christmas, as evident by displays from the city and residents...




Driving around town, the displays are everywhere!
I wish I could include them all, but here are my favorites...










 

Mine is small, like my townhouse, but it is lit and decorated! (Below)


 

I pray that you all are finding the same holiday spirit in your town!


Online, my home is OnlineAuction.com.


This year OLA sponsored a contest for the best store decoration.
There were 9 fantastic entries, (yes, mine, too!).
Our grand prize winner was Jaswood2!

We can hardly wait to see what her next decorating project will be!

Honorable mention goes to ALL the entries... click on the names to visit their jolly good stores!

       



Aesthetics48

Kidatheart10

Fleapirates

Raggy-Lady

Magnolias

DebsVarietyShop

DraggonTagger

Supergranny








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Holidays To All!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures and post, you sound like you are proud of your community. Thanks for "Sharing the Christmas Spirit".

Merry Christmas flea.

Anonymous said...

What nice pictures and to think I almost missed the light show. Thanks for sharing. :)